- Windows 10 Support »
- Set Up The Home Network
How To Set Up Windows 10 Home Network?
The HomeGroup is a network sharing feature in the Windows operating system for a very long time, and it has been carried forward till the Windows 10 OS as well. The HomeGroup allows all kinds of Windows devices to share the resourced with other Windows computers on the local network with an easy setup process. Using HomeGroup, you can also configure media for devices like Xbox One. Let’s now have a look at the steps to set up Windows 10 home network.
- On your Windows 10 computer, click the Windows (Start) icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen and then proceed to select the Control Panel option.
- The Control Panel window for the Windows 10 computer will now open.
- On the search bar of the Control Panel, type HomeGroup and press the Enter button.
- You will see the message ‘There is currently no homegroup on the network.’ Now, click the Create a homegroup button at the bottom right corner of the page.
- Click the Next button on the following page.
- Now the set up Windows 10 home network window will open. This is where you have to set permissions for each of the folders like Pictures, Videos, Music, Documents. On the Permissions section, select the Shared option from the drop-down list.
- Once you have selected the content you want to share, click the Next button.
- The setup will be completed, and you will now be given a HomeGroup password.
- The password will be necessary because you need to allow other computers to access the files and documents.
- Click the Finish button.
- Now, all the devices connected to your home network can access the content you have shared. And you have successfully set up Windows 10 home network.