- Windows 10 Support »
- Set Up Iis On Windows 10
How To Setting Up IIS On Windows 10?
Internet Information Services (IIS) is a Windows feature that is widely used by web developers. If you wish to setting up IIS on Windows 10 computer, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Installing IIS using the GUI:
- First, launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Next, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the text box and press the Enter button to open the Programs and Features window.
- Alternatively, click the Start menu and type ‘control panel’ in the search panel to setting up IIS on Windows 10.
- Press the Enter key and give a double-click on the Control Panel app from the search result.
- In the Control Panel window, click the Programs and Features tab.
- In the Programs and Features window, navigate to the left-side panel and click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features window, check the ‘Internet Information Services’ checkbox.
- Click on OK and wait until the installation is completed.
- After completing the installation, create your first web page for IIS.
Installing IIS using the Command Prompt app:
- Click the Start menu and type ‘cmd’ in the search panel.
- From the search result, give a right-click on the Command Prompt app and select the Run as administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘DISM /online /enable-feature /featureName: IIS-DefaultDocument /All’ and press the Enter key.
- Once the installation is complete, you will receive a confirmation message.
- To verify whether you have installed the IIS Manager properly on your computer, click the Start menu and type ‘IIS’ in the search panel.
- Press the Enter key and you will see the Internet Information Services Manager tab.
- Open it and navigate to the left-side panel.
- Under Connections, expand Default Web Site.
- Go to the Browser Website section and click on Browse *:80 (http).
- Now, a default web site will be loaded in the browser on your computer.
Carry out these steps to setting up IIS on Windows 10 computer:
- Open File Explorer and type ‘C:intepub\wwwroot’ in the address bar.
- Now, you will see the default IIS web page file.
- Open the Notepad app, name it as index.html, and save the file to the wwwroot location.
- Select the All Files option from the Save as type drop-down menu and click the Save button.
- Enter an HTML code for a basic web page and save it to the selected location.
- Open the default browser and go to the default IIS web page.
- Now, successfully setting up IIS on Windows 10 computer.