- Windows 10 Support »
- Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter
Issue: Qualcomm Atheros ar9485 Keeps Disconnecting
Is your Qualcomm Atheros ar9485 keeps disconnecting continuously? Then there might be a hardware issue or compatibility problem. Refer to the quick steps mentioned below to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi adapter issues on your Windows computer.
Solution 1: Restart the Wi-Fi connection
- On your Windows computer, click the Wi-Fi icon at the system tray and turn on the Wi-Fi button.
- Click the No internet connection icon on the right side of the taskbar.
- Make sure that you have disabled the Airplane mode.
- Check whether you have appropriately connected to the available Wi-Fi network.
- If you have not connected yet, select your Wi-Fi network name and click the Connect button.
- If you have already connected, click the Disconnect button and wait for a few seconds.
- Click the Connect button again and check if you can connect to the Wi-Fi network without any issue Qualcomm Atheros ar9485 keeps disconnecting.
Solution 2: Run the network troubleshooter
- On your Windows 10 computer, click the Windows icon available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, click the Settings icon to open Windows Settings.
- Otherwise, press the Windows + I shortcut keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet and select Status from the left-side panel.
- Under Change your network settings, click the Network troubleshooter button.
- Wait until the Network troubleshooter detects the adapter issue.
- Select your desired option from the diagnosis report and follow the on-screen prompts to fix the issue.
- After troubleshooting the network issue, restart your Windows computer and check if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 3: Change the Wireless adapter settings to its maximum performance
- Open Windows Control Panel and click on Hardware and Sound.
- Select the Power Options option followed by Edit Plan Settings.
- Click the Change advanced power settings link followed by Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Expand Wi-Fi Adapter Settings and select the Power Saving Mode option.
- Choose Maximum Performance for both the On battery and Plugged in options.
- The above methods will help you to avoid the issue Qualcomm Atheros ar9485 keeps disconnecting