- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows Updates Are a Mess
Windows 10 Updates Are a Mess, Again: You Might Want to Pause These Updates Right Now
Windows 10 users are again facing issues while installing new updates. Windows released the KB4554364 update in February, which is an essential update for the security of your device. This month the update is KB4549951. While a lot of users are facing issues with these new updates, Microsoft community forum and other online forums are filled with reports about these update failures.
Users have faced performance issues on their devices after performing the update. PC’s have become rather slow after getting updated. In some computers, critical apps are no longer working. Some users have also reported that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth feature on their computer is not working after the update. Other users have faced issues with restarting the computer.
You have to uninstall the update to resolve the Windows 10 updates are a mess issue. As millions of people are working from their home due to the coronavirus pandemic, the update issue is making life difficult for those users. It is recommended to pause these updates to avoid breakage of the internet and along other issues creeping into their computers.
- You can carry out the steps that are given below to pause the Windows updates.
- Go to the Start menu and click on the Settings icon.
- From the Settings window, navigate to the Update and Security section.
- Click the Windows Update tab and select the Advanced Options link.
- Now, turn on the toggle button in the Pause Updates section to prevent the updates.
- Press the Windows and R buttons together from your keyboard.
- Type “services.msc”and press the Enter key.
- Double-click on the Windows Update option and choose the Disabled option in the Startup type section. Then, click OK.
- You can turn on the updates after Microsoft fixes the Windows 10 updates are a mess issue with a new reliable patch sooner.