- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows script host error
WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST ERROR
The Windows script host error occurs when there is a virus attack, if the script file gets damaged, or if there is an error in the registry.
Error 80070002 – This error occurs when the system cannot find a particular script file. To resolve this issue, follow the given steps;
Scan the entire system using Command Prompt. First, search ‘cmd’ in the search bar.
- Run the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Enter the commands: Sfc /scannow ->Sfc /scannow /offbootdie-c:\ /offwindir-c:\windows
- Wait for the system file checker to run. when it is over, restart the computer.
Enable the Microsoft safety scanner to check if there is malware or virus in the system. If so, clear them to avoid the windows script host error.
Another way is to clean boot the system.
- In the Run window, input ‘misconfig’ and open the System configuration.
- In the System Configuration window, below Selective Startup, check the option Load startup items and click OK.
- Select the Services tab, then tick the option that says ‘Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Now, restart the computer to check whether the mentioned steps are working.
One method to remove the Windows script host error is to open the registry file on your Windows OS. Follow the steps;
- Type ‘regedit’ in the search bar and click OK.
- Go to the Computer and open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
- Now, select the folder .vbs, on the right side of the screen in the Edit string window, input the value as VBSFile, and click OK.
- Reboot the system and check if this is working.
This method can help to fix the errors by deleting VM applet and Win Stations Disabled
- Open the registry using the Run window.
- >Now, follow the link Computer>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>Current Version>Winlogon
- In the Registry Editor, delete the items VM applet and Win Stations Disabled.
- Now, if you have installed Windows on C, then open the Userinit entry, change the value to C:\Windows \system32 \userinit.exe, and click on OK.
One more method to solve the errors is to run a repair install for your system. For this, you will need a Windows Setup software either from CD or USB. Windows must be able to boot now. Once you got the setup software, run it. Follow the instructions on the screen to repair the system and avoid the windows script host error.