- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows update error 80070103
WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 80070103
The windows update error 80070103 appears when a driver is updated from Windows or when you try to install the driver that is installed already on the computer. At times, the error can also appear when the driver has a less compatibility rating than one you installed already.
Carry out the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Enter Windows Update in the Windows search box from the Start menu.
- Click the Windows Update or Check for Updates from the result.
- Next, click the View Update History option.
- Now, look for the failed device driver update on the top of the list.
- Next, proceed to update the device driver to fix the windows update error 80070103.
- To manually update the driver, open a new web browser and then launch the manufacturer’s site.
- Search and download the new version for the device on the website.
- Click the Download button and install the driver on the computer.
- Finally, reboot the computer. To automatically download the device driver, first, download and install Driver Easy.
- After downloading the Driver Easy software, run it and then click the Scan Now button.
- The Driver Easy will start to scan the computer and recognize the problematic drivers.
- Now, click the Update button that is located next to the flagged driver to download and install the correct version automatically.
- Else, you can also click the Update All button to download and install the correct version of the driver automatically for all the missing drivers or not up-to-date.
- When the update is done, restart the computer for the driver to function correctly for checking if the windows update error 80070103 is come again.