- Windows 10 Support »
- Windows 10 Installation Support
Microsoft Windows 10 Installation Support
Installations On Windows 10
If you are upgrading from a previous version of OS, Windows 10 support the following thinks.
Reinstall Windows 10
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Windows- such as Windows 7 or Windows 8, follow this windows 10 support guide to obtain structured information on the update and installation.
Cortana is the new outstanding software introduced by Microsoft that is added as a special feature to Windows 10 support and setup. All of us might be aware of the Siri software introduced by Apple for iPhone. That has a more reliability to the windows.It can contain app or solutions to the windows.
File Recovery windows 10 start and haven’t create a recovery drive
This option will take the PC back to an earlier point in time. This is called a system restore point windows 10 support. windows restore points are created when a new driver, app or Windows update is installed and enhanced the solutions.
Windows 10 Setup, Install Software, and Update Drive, Troubleshooting Your Windows PC.
How to Setup Windows 10.
Windows 10 Files lost after updating the PC to Windows 10
If you have updated your computer to Windows 10 Setup, sometimes it may trouble to find your old files. We recommend you to try the below procedure.
- Step 1: Go to Settings and choose Accounts, click on Sync your settings.
- Step 2: If it displays a message stating that you are logged on with a temporary profile. Roaming options are currently unavailable, reboot your computer.
- Step 3: Sign in with your login credentials.
- Step 4: This will help you remove the temporary account and your files should be visible again.
- Step 5: An alternate solution would be restarting your PC if the computer displays a message that, We can’t sign into your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in.
- Note: The above step requires restarting your PC more than once before you view your files on your computer again.
- Before you sign out of your temporary account make sure that you create a backup of all the files, folders and applications etc., as upgrading to an external drive.
- Step 6: Search for the files you Search.
- Choose the search box on your monitor’s taskbar and search your required files.
- If you cannot find the files or you are not signed in with a temporary profile, we recommend you to make use of the troubleshooter to fix the problems with the Search option.
- On the taskbar of the Search option, type indexing and then choose the Indexing Options.
- Click on the Advanced button to navigate through the view more options, then choose the Troubleshoot search and indexing link and follow the instructions on the screen.
Few more troubleshooting solutions for the above issue:
- Some of the files may be hidden from the view on your computer.
- Enter Show hidden files and folders in the Search box.
- Choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives below the Hidden files and folders.
- Go to the Search task bar and look for your files again.
Obtain assistance over the phone to activate your product key :
- Another method to view all your files is using the asterisk (*). For example, if you are looking for a find a word document, type *.doc in the search task bar, for music files search *.mp3.
- Few of your files have been moved or hidden when you upgrade your operating system to Windows 10 installation. To view those files, open any file and right-click on it and Select Open file location.
This will contain all the moved files on the specified destination. Now you can copy the files to any different location.
Restore your files from the backup, if you cannot find it still using the above step:
- Type Backup and restore in the Search box, then open Backup and Restore to choose Restore my files. Follow the below steps to restore your files.
- Create a new file with the same name and file type to recover it.
- Once you have created the new file, click Properties, and then choose the Previous Versions tab; then choose the file version to retain the files.
Using installation media to restore your PC
You can download and install media and use it to restore from a system restore point windows 10 if your PC won’t start and haven’t create a file recovery in windows 10 drive.
Download and run the media creation tool.
- Choose Create installation media for another PC.
- Select a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Proceed the below steps to create installation media and the press.
- Your nonfunctional should be connected to the installation media you created, and then turn on it.
- Obtain assistance over the phone to activate your product key :
- Enter your language and other preferences and then click Next on the initial Windows 10 installation screen. Your PC might not be set up to a boot from a drive if set up screen is not displayed. Learn how to change your PC’s boot order and attempt again.
- choose Repair your computer on the Choose an optionscreen, click Troubleshoot > Advanced optionsSystem Restore
- Recently installed applications, drivers, and updates which causing the problem is removed. Your personal files are not affected while restoring from a restore point.
Using installation media to reinstall Windows 10 installation
Attempt to reinstall your PC using installation media before trying the following steps. If the issue has not been resolved try the same How to Setup Windows 10 installation media to reinstall Windows 10.
While restarting your PC all your personal files, applications and drivers you installed, applications and customizations from your PC manufacturers and changes that is done to the settings.
- Download and run media creation tool on your working PC.
- Select Create installation media for another PC.
- Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
- Connect the installation media you created to your non-functional PC, and then turn it on.
- Type your language and other preferences on the initial Windows 10 installation screen and then click Your PC might not be setup to boot from a drive if the setup screen is not displayed.Visit our websites to learn how to change PC’s boot order and try again
- Choose Install now.
- Type a product key on the Enter the product key to activate thekeyand to activate Window page. Click Skip and Windows will activate automatically active later if you upgraded to Windows 10 for free or bought and activated Windows 10 software from the Window Store.
- Click I accept thelicense terms on the License terms page and then press
- Choose Custom on Which type of installation do you want?
- Choose a partition, tap a formatting option (if required) on the Where do you want to install Windows? Then follow the below instructions.
- you will finish the clean reinstall windows 10 on your computer.
- Once you have completed formatting press
- Proceed to the remaining Windows 10 installation instructions to complete Windows 10.
windows 10 revert to previous version
You can revert back to theprevious version by clicking Settings > Update & security > and then press Recovery .The time taken to revert back based on the Windows version your PC is running after the upgrade. To know the current version of your PC, press the Start button, then choose SettingsSystemAbout
windows 10 revert to previous version, you should
Obtain assistance over the phone to activate your product key :
- Maintain everything in the windows.old and $windows.~bt folders after the upgrade.
- Eliminate any user accounts you have added after the upgrade.
- Remember the password you used to sign in to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- Ensure that you have the USB drive which you used to upgrade to Windows 10 installation.
- Note : When you revert back to Windows 8.1, some application that is inbuilt with Windows like Mail and People might not work. Reinstall the software from the Store to resolve the issue.
- Examine whether you can restore your PC to factory settings. While doing so, the new version of Windows gets reinstalled and remove personal files, applications, installed drivers and any changes you made to settings. Move to Settings> Update & security Recovery > Reset this PCGet started and search for Restore factory settings.
- Use the media creation tool to create installation media for Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 if you have a product key for your previous Windows version by how to setup windows 10 support 10